Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Lovely as a Lullaby

This week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger -  Lovely as a Lullaby is indeed a challenge for me.  It's sweet, and it's got soft colors and gentle patterns.  Not quite my style: sweet, soft, gentle and my stuff rarely collide.  So it took some work, which I suspect is the idea.


I had some paper similar to the striped pattern, which I paper pieced onto the heart of Dawn Moore's darling digital elephant.  I echoed the colors in the elephant coloring, and the colors and polka dots in the ribbon behind the image:

It turned out sort of sweet, which is what I was going for, so I consider that it worked, after a fashion.  It was a good exercise in getting out of my regular range.

9 comments:

  1. Cutest card! Love your sweet 'heart holding' elephant and using the ribbons to create a background is such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design with the ribbons and adorable elephant! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Very Cute!! I love the colors big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elephant and thanks for stopping over at LoveBug Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. Cute image and great colors... the ribbons are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe. That's cute. Love the heart coming out of his trunk.

    ReplyDelete